Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel was meticulously planned and designed to combine charming hospitality and eco friendly function. The owners and managers come from a diverse background with years of experience in the design, fitness and luxury service industries. A wealth of travel experience has culminated in the creation of a quiet oasis in paradise!
Coming to Costa Rica over a decade ago from the fast paced lifestyles of the metropolitan cities of Miami and Hong Kong, we understand your need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated in paradise. We provide a wealth of options and activities like world class surfing for beginners and experienced surfers, fishing, zip lining and horseback riding as well as private spa or sports massage, to help you relax and reconnect.
We offer a private chef onsite to provide you with an incredible dining experience and a custom built high performance Apex rigid inflatable charter tour boat manned by a highly skilled, licensed, boat captain and a crew with an infectious love of the ocean and a wealth of local knowledge to make your trip unique and unforgettable!
Taking a cue from the Costa Rican government’s initiative to reduce Costa Rica’s carbon footprint, we are mindful, as are most of our guests, of the impact our presence and the unavoidable progress and development has on our surroundings. Keeping this in mind, we have implemented the following features and we hope to increase the list as we grow as a business.
- Water Softener Systems & water filters treat all water used on property
- Eco-friendly recycled plastic decking around pool
- All walls insulated with biodegradable close cell expansion foam to reduce energy consumption
- White reflective roofing over all structures on property
- Low VOC paint & finishes
- UV lighting throughout property
- All organic kitchen scraps composted to fertilize the hotel garden which is also designed for low water consumption
- Plastic, metal & glass is separated for recycling (labeled bins located on property)
- The use of local and organic produce and ingredients as much as possible to make our delicious daily breakfasts
- Non contaminating biodegradable cleaning products and laundry detergent
- Showers are stocked with refillable dispensers of locally made, chemical free, specialty personal beauty products made sustainably and purchased in bulk to reduce use of packaging and wasteful containers
- Planting of native plants & fruit trees to feed and attract wild fauna including iguanas, squirrels, a variety of birds and the always impressive howler monkeys
- Our environmentally friendly sheet and towel reuse program encourages guests to be proactive in our efforts to reduce waste
- Our home, located on the property, is built from 100% recycled, refrigerated shipping containers and bamboo from a sustainable source
- We are animal lovers who regularly assist with rescue efforts and contribute to rehabilitating strays both within the community and elsewhere
Custom Swimming Pool
Custom built eleven meter pool finished in a French Gray pebble aggregate with blue glass beads. Features underwater LED lighting and recycled plastic decking all around.
“Rancho“ style outdoor living & dining
Two large outdoor covered areas for activities, events and dining. An elevated 2,000 square foot / 180m2 covered area with private bar, kitchen, tables, chairs, couches & hammocks. The 1st level covered outdoor poolside living and dining area perfect for lounging in the shade, playing games, meeting fellow guests or catching up on your holiday reading.
Private Chef Service
Celebrate poolside, on our second level private lounge area or on your private terrace with a delicious dinner prepared by our resident chef/owner and her staff. From private events to a romantic dinner for two, your exquisite meal, using only the freshest local ingredients is prepared just for you with a customized menu and service.
Specializing in Organic -Plant Based / Vegan-Vegetarian & Raw Food Options
Certified Custom Cake & Pastry Chef
Yoga & Exercise Deck
This second level, covered space measures 2,000 square feet or 185 square meters and overlooks tropical palms, fruit trees, citrus trees and a flower gardens frequented by the local wildlife. The deck is perfect for a private massage, exercising, dancing, strectching, and private or group yoga practice or just chilling out on a hammock or lounger.
Complimentary Watersports Equipment
Enjoy the use of complimentary boogie boards, snorkel gear, beach chairs, beach coolers and baskets when available.