Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel was meticulously planned and designed to combine charming hospitality and eco friendly function. The owners and managers come from a diverse background with years of experience in the design, fitness and luxury service industries. A wealth of travel experience has culminated in the creation of a quiet oasis in paradise!
Coming to Costa Rica nearly two decades ago from the fast paced lifestyles of the metropolitan cities of Miami and Hong Kong, we understand your need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated in paradise. We provide a wealth of options and activities such as world class surfing for beginners and experienced surfers, world class inshore & offshore fishing, zip lining, catamaran & sailing charters, , private spa & massage packages and many other popular and safe options guaranteed to add value to your visit. Great planning and care has gone into creating a beautiful, relaxing space if you would prefer to spend your holiday resting, away from your busy life at home.
Our commercial kitchens can produce 6 course meals for small groups or larger events of up to 50 guests. This service is available to guests who reserve the entire property for activities such as retreats, weddings, family reunions etc. We can provide custom menus featuring fresh meats & local seafood. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote for your private event.
Taking a cue from the Costa Rican government’s initiative to reduce Costa Rica’s carbon footprint, we are mindful, as are most of our guests, of the impact our presence and the unavoidable progress and development has on our surroundings. Keeping this in mind, we have implemented the following features and we hope to increase the list as we grow as a business.
- Water Softener Systems & water filters treat all water used on property
- Eco-friendly recycled plastic decking around pool
- All walls insulated with biodegradable close cell expansion foam to reduce energy consumption
- White reflective roofing over all structures on property reducing heat build up
- Low VOC paint & finishes
- UV lighting throughout property
- All organic kitchen scraps composted to fertilize the hotel gardens which are also designed for low water consumption
- Plastic, metal & glass is separated for recycling (labeled bins located on property)
- The use of local and organic produce and ingredients as much as possible to make our delicious daily breakfasts
- Non contaminating biodegradable cleaning products and laundry detergent
- Showers are stocked with refillable dispensers of locally made, chemical free, specialty personal beauty products made sustainably and purchased in bulk to reduce use of packaging and wasteful containers
- Planting of native plants & fruit trees to feed and attract wild fauna including iguanas, squirrels, a variety of birds and the always impressive howler monkeys
- Our environmentally friendly sheet and towel reuse program encourages guests to be proactive in our efforts to reduce waste
- We are animal lovers who regularly assist with rescue efforts and contribute to rehabilitating strays both within the community and elsewhere
Custom Swimming Pool
Custom built eleven meter pool featuring a unique finish combining imported contemporary spanish tiles and smooth pebble aggregate containing blue glass beads. LED lighting around border and below the water line. Pool deck made from Costa Rican recycled plastic surrounds the pool.
"Rancho" style outdoor living & relaxing
We offer a large outdoor covered area and several smaller ranchos for relaxation by the pool and in our more quiet areas away from the main outdoor lounge . An elevated 2,000 square foot / 180m2 covered area with private bar, kitchen, tables, chairs,is also available for use after breakfast and up to 6 pm daily. Curated spaces, perfect for lounging in the shade, playing games, meeting fellow guests or catching up on your holiday reading.
Dining, Yoga & Exercise Deck
This second level, covered space measures 2,000 square feet or 185 square meters and overlooks tropical palms, fruit trees, citrus trees and a flower gardens frequented by the local wildlife. When the service is available, we serve breakfast here amongst the cool breezes and lush greenery.The deck is perfect for a private massage or group activities and demos. It comes with lighting and A/V facilities.