Tamarindo Bay Boutique Hotel was meticulously planned and designed to combine charming hospitality and eco friendly function. The owners and managers come from a diverse background with years of experience in the design, fitness and luxury service industries. A wealth of travel experience has culminated in the creation of a quiet oasis in paradise!
Coming to Costa Rica over a decade ago from the fast paced lifestyles of the metropolitan cities of Miami and Hong Kong, we understand your need to feel relaxed and rejuvenated in paradise. We provide a wealth of options and activities such as world class surfing for beginners and experienced surfers, world class inshore & offshore fishing, zip lining, catamaran & sailing charters, guided beach, river & mountain ATV tours, guided beach & restaurant tours, horseback riding, private spa & massage packages and many other popular and safe options guaranteed to add value to your visit.
We offer private Chef & custom catering services right on site to provide you with a memorable private dining experience. Our commercial kitchens can produce 6 course meals for small groups, couples or larger events of up to 300 guest. Our hotel specializes in Organic -Plant Based / Vegan-Vegetarian & Raw Food Options but we can provide custom menus featuring fresh meats & local seafoood. Certified custom cake & pastry Chef.
Taking a cue from the Costa Rican government’s initiative to reduce Costa Rica’s carbon footprint, we are mindful, as are most of our guests, of the impact our presence and the unavoidable progress and development has on our surroundings. Keeping this in mind, we have implemented the following features and we hope to increase the list as we grow as a business.
- Water Softener Systems & water filters treat all water used on property
- Eco-friendly recycled plastic decking around pool
- All walls insulated with biodegradable close cell expansion foam to reduce energy consumption
- White reflective roofing over all structures on property reducing heat build up
- Low VOC paint & finishes
- UV lighting throughout property
- All organic kitchen scraps composted to fertilize the hotel gardens which are also designed for low water consumption
- Plastic, metal & glass is separated for recycling (labeled bins located on property)
- The use of local and organic produce and ingredients as much as possible to make our delicious daily breakfasts
- Non contaminating biodegradable cleaning products and laundry detergent
- Showers are stocked with refillable dispensers of locally made, chemical free, specialty personal beauty products made sustainably and purchased in bulk to reduce use of packaging and wasteful containers
- Planting of native plants & fruit trees to feed and attract wild fauna including iguanas, squirrels, a variety of birds and the always impressive howler monkeys
- Our environmentally friendly sheet and towel reuse program encourages guests to be proactive in our efforts to reduce waste
- We are animal lovers who regularly assist with rescue efforts and contribute to rehabilitating strays both within the community and elsewhere
Custom Swimming Pool
Custom built eleven meter pool featuring a unique finish combining imported contemporary spanish tiles and smooth pebble aggregate containing blue glass beads. LED lighting around border and below the water line. Pool deck made from Costa Rican recycled plastic surrounds the pool.
"Rancho" style outdoor living, relaxing & dining
Two large outdoor covered areas and 4 smaller areas for couples, activities, events and dining. An elevated 2,000 square foot / 180m2 covered area with private bar, kitchen, tables, chairs, couches & hammocks. On ground level we feature one large covered outdoor poolside living and dining area perfect for lounging in the shade, playing games, meeting fellow guests or catching up on your holiday reading and 4 smaller more private covered rancho areas.
Private Chef Service
Celebrate poolside, on our second level private lounge area or on your private terrace with a delicious dinner prepared by our resident chef/owner and her staff. From private events to a romantic dinner for two, your exquisite meal, using only the freshest local ingredients is prepared just for you with a customized menu and service.
Specializing in Organic -Plant Based / Vegan-Vegetarian & Raw Food Options
Certified Custom Cake & Pastry Chef
Yoga & Exercise Deck
This second level, covered space measures 2,000 square feet or 185 square meters and overlooks tropical palms, fruit trees, citrus trees and a flower gardens frequented by the local wildlife. The deck is perfect for a private massage, exercising, dancing, strectching, private or group yoga practice or just chilling out on a hammock or lounger.
Outdoor Calisthenics Exercise, Bars & TRX Area
The latest addition to the hotel's expansion is a multi-sail covered custom excercise bars & TRX band area for our guest to enjoy a quick workout in paradise. Complimentary use of bands, mats and other gear provided for hotel guest.